1976 – 1999
1976 Iran, Tehran: F4 fighter jets of the Iranian Air Force battle UFOs over Tehran, the capital of Iran.
• Argentina, Centeno: Shaped like a giant sombrero, this UFO hovered outside of Centeno for an unknown period of time, and was photographed by an anonymous source. A similar object was witnessed in Ontario, Canada two years earlier.
• Novy Georgy Island. December, not far from the, the crew of the fishing trawler Vasily Kuselev also observed rising vertically from under the water was a doughnut-shaped object. Its diameter was between 300 and 500 meters. It hovered at the altitude of four to five kilometers. The trawler’s radar station was immediately rendered inoperative. The object hovered over the area for three hours, and then disappeared instantly.
• Puerto Rico, Quebradillas: A small alien wearing a green uniform and a helmet with blinking red and white lights on it is seen by several people in Quebradillas.
• Uruguay, Floradad: A reporter from one of the larger Uruguayan cities while on assignment, photographed a strange object as it circled numerous times around him.
• Australia: On October 21, civilian pilot Frederick Valentich’s single engine Cessna vanished over the Bass Straits between Australia and King Island. His radio conversations with Melbourne at the time indicated that a UFO was following him.
• Australia: Pilot Frederick M. Valentich encounters a UFO while flying across the Bass Strait from Melbourne to Hobart, Tasmania. Valentich describes the UFO in a frantic radio call, which is suddenly cut off. Pilot and plane are still missing.
• Brazil, Rio de Janeiro: At 5:10pm on June 20, Sr. Saul Janusas was able to snap two photographs of a dark metallic looking Saturn-shaped UFO. He could see it clearly in the reddish dusk haze peculiar to the winter sunset.
• Japan, Kagawa, Miki-cho: At 3:00pm on February 4, Hirobumi Matsushita was taking snapshots with a friend when they noticed a shiny golden metallic colored object flying high above them in the clear blue sky. There were no clouds and a slight breeze was blowing, but not enough to raise debris that high in the air. The object seemed to be moving purposefully, obviously under intelligent control. Mr. Matsushita took several pictures of the strange object before it disappeared.
• USA, California, Santa Monica: On January 1, veteran pilot Floyd P. Hallstrom saw a dome-shaped UFO with portholes. Hallstrom had been flying for 37 years, 17½ as a Navy combat air crewman and personal crew chief to admirals, including the Commander-in-Chief of the Atlantic Fleet.
• England, Bentwaters, Rendlesham Forest: Three separate sightings of anomalous lights near a NORAD base in the UK. Official report filed by deputy base commander, who also taped the on-site investigation carried out by Air Police detachment. Occurence produced many witnesses, some of whom swear a craft was sighted. Invest- igation hampered by conflicting testimony, Britain’s Secrets Act, grand- standing by one less than credible witness, and possibly the “Control Group” — A US Senator began looking into the affair, but abruptly halted and would not communicate further with UFO researchers.
• New Zealand, Keikoura: A newsman videotaped luminous UFOs.
• USA, Arizona, Snowflake: Five woodcutters, including Travis Walton, allegedly witness abduction of their comrade aboard UFO. Abductee reappears five days later, fails first lie detector, after which he and four other witnesses pass, one is inconclusive. Controversy surrounds suppression of first lie detector results.
• Finland, Pudasjarvi: Woman motorist abducted from her car and taken aboard a UFO.
• USA, South Carolina, Charleston: At 5:30pm on April 4, William J. Herrmann, a local auto mechanic, saw and photographed a silvery disc-shaped object flying erratic maneuvers near Charleston Air Force Base.
• France, Trans-en-Provence: On January 8, Renato Nicolai, was working on an upper-level terraced portion of his property at about 5:00 p.m. when he heard a whistling sound to the east. Turning, he observed an object resembling “a somewhat bulging disk like two plates glued to each other by the rim, with a central ring 8 inches wide.” The disc passed over two trees adjacent to his garden, descended and landed about 50 meters away. After a few seconds on the ground, the object ascended, kicking up some dust, and retraced its incoming flight path, once again emitting a low whistle, and disappeared in the east. As it flew away, Nicolai saw two round protrusions on the underside like landing gear, and two circular areas that looked like “trap doors.”
• Peru, Chosica: Peruvian fighter jet gets into a dogfight with a UFO.
1982 Japan: A brilliantly illuminated UFO hovers over Mount Senohara.
1983 USA, New York, Newburgh: Large V-shaped UFOs are reported.
1984 USA, New York, Hudson Valley: Thousands of reports, mostly nocturnal, of large, silent, hovering object with series of rotating lights. Reports came from many highly credible individuals including meteorologists, news reporters, and police chiefs. “Planes in formation” theory still in contention; however, videos taken by area resident of both the object and a formation of planes shows distinct differences. Intermittent sightings to this day.
1986 USA, Alaska: On November 17, over Northeastern Alaska, a Japan Air Lines 747 encountered several UFOs at close range.
1987 China: Reddish-orange UFOs fly over Meishan, Sichuan province.
1988 Australia: A UFO in South Australia chases a family in their car down a highway.
• Belgium: From late 1989 into mid-1990, a spectacular wave of sightings occurred in Belgium. Sightings were reported almost daily from October 1989 through July 1990. Witnesses included police, military and civilian pilots, and air traffic controllers. During part of this period the Belgian Air Force kept interceptors on stand-by status, equipped with infrared video cameras, and the Air Force cooperated with civilian groups in documenting and researching the sightings. In Eupen, Belgium, on November 29, hundreds of witnesses observed unidentifiable triangular craft maneuvering overhead. A brilliant light beam from a dark triangular object hovering at 600 to 900 feet, making a faint humming noise, brightly illuminated two police officers in a patrol car. The object alternately moved and hovered. One officer said the light was so dazzling “that we could read a newspaper under it.” The object moved slowly in the direction of nearby La Gileppe Dam where it hovered for 45 minutes. Then it moved southwest about 13 miles and hovered over the city of Spa for 30 minutes before disappearing.
• Russia, Voronezh: A UFO lands at a park in Voronezh and four aliens, 10 feet tall emerge from the craft, causing a panicky crowd of onlookers to flee.
1991 Mexico: In 1991, as thousands of citizens in Mexico stared up into the sky at the eclipse, something unusual was spotted. Countless people claim to have witnessed, for lack of a better term, what can only be described as a UFO. Jaime Maussan was born in Mexico City, and earned a B.A. degree in radio and television from the Miami University in Ohio. He has had a 25-year career in the media and has received several awards. He is now General Director and Anchorman of “60 Minutes” Mexico. After the 1991 Eclipse, he received a videotape of the event that showed a strange, silver disk hovering over the city. Maussan then asked his viewers to share any unusual sightings they might have had during the eclipse. To his and everyone’s amazement, 15 different videotapes, from different locations around the city and from different individuals, were produced. No one was prepared for what may be considered some of the best video evidence collected so far. Since then, Maussan has compiled over 5,000 videos and photos from eyewitnesses. This could be one of the largest collections of UFO videos in the world.
• Ireland, Boyle: A UFO crashes near Boyle and a NATO task force and the Irish police capture a crew of five aliens.
• USA, Texas: On May 25, A cigar-shaped object with a row of brightly flashing lights along its length was observed over the Texas panhandle by the crew of a westward bound America West B-757 airliner. Flight 564 was cruising at 39,000 feet near Bovina, Texas, en route from Tampa, Florida, to Las Vegas, Nevada. First Officer John J. Waller and a flight attendant saw, off to their right and somewhat below their altitude, a row of bright white lights which sequenced on and off from left to right. Waller contacted the Albuquerque FAA Air Route Traffic Control Center while the sighting was in progress and checks were made with military installations in the area, but no explanation could be found. As the airliner proceeded westward, the lights began dropping behind. Then they observed the phenomenon against a background of dark thunderclouds. When the background clouds pulsed with lightning, they could see the silhouette of a dark, wingless, elongated cigar-like object around the strobing lights. Though they did not know the object’s exact distance, the pilot and co-pilot estimated its length to be 300-400 feet.
• Brazil. UFO crashes just north of Varginha, Minas Gerais. The Brazilian Army captures the seven surviving aliens.
• England, Hertfordshire: Aer Lingus said it had, “no explanation”, for an incident in which one of its passenger jets had a close encounter of an unknown kind over Hertfordshire, England. Pilots reported seeing another aircraft pass close by but extensive inquiries found no trace of another plane being in the area on June 7th.
1997 USA, Arizona: Giant triangular UFO seen over Phoenix and other cities in central Arizona.
1999 New Guinea: East New Britain It was about 200 meters long, 50 metres wide and was lit up like a city in the sky. It moved very slowly across the sky, making a quiet puffing noise. This is the description of what thousands of people on the Gazelle Peninsula of East New Britain saw in the sky over the weekend.